Welcome, future Eagle Scout! I’m so glad you’re here. 🙂
It’s no secret that Scouting (and growing up, in general) can be really tough. You want to earn your Eagle rank, succeed in school, and create a great path for yourself into the “real world.” Whether you’re rounding the finish line of your journey or just getting started, my mission is to provide you with the support and resources you need to succeed, thrive, and achieve your full potential!
Here at ScoutSmarts.com, you’ll find I’ve created a ton of helpful articles, informative videos, and useful lists so that you can stay involved in your troop and make the most of your Scouting experiences. To help you quickly get started, I wanted to share with you a few links to some of my best and most helpful articles:
Best For Younger Scouts
Why create a website to support you through your Scouting adventures? Because Scouting helped me to explore new interests, lead others, and become a more involved citizen — it truly helped me to become the person I am today! And, I believe it can change your life for the better too. 🙂
My name’s Cole, and I’m the guy behind ScoutSmarts. It’s great to meet you! I hope my site has been helping you out a ton.
Since you’ve come to the “About” page, you’re probably also interested in learning a little more about me and my background. Thanks, by the way! I’m super flattered! But, to be honest, I think you’re the awesome one for trying to become better – and make our world better – through your involvement in Scouting. Seriously, you rock!
To be clear, when I say “you,” I’m talking to YOU, the one who’s reading this, right now. You’re going out of your way to check out my articles on Scouting, leadership, and merit badges to learn awesome things and help out your troop. That’s awesome!
Anyway, without further ado…
…Here Are 7 Fun Facts About Me (Cole)!
- I became an Eagle Scout of Troop 135 in 2014. It was one of the hardest things I’ve done in my life but SO worth it!
- My favorite merit badge of all time would have to be either Carpentry or Fishing. Fishing was earned on a scout boundary waters canoeing trip to Canada, while Carpentry was completed with extensive help from my Dad! 🙂
- I had (and still have) pretty bad ADHD, so a big passion of mine is understanding psychology and finding better systems for getting things done.
- My final 2 years of high school were spent in Switzerland after I was awarded a generous scholarship (And Scouting definitely helped)!
- I’m certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.
- I recently graduated from UC San Diego with a degree in Economics and pretty high honors (and saved big $$$ by graduating early)!
- The only bones I’ve ever broken were 3 metatarsals in my right foot. The craziest part though is that I didn’t break them during some epic hike or ski jump — I broke them playing dodgeball! 🙁
These days, I work as a digital marketer and write articles for you on ScoutSmarts whenever I can (you can even get updates via the newsletter). I also enjoy coaching scouts, college students, and entrepreneurs 1-on-1 to help them achieve their goals even faster. Honestly, the more I’m able to make a positive difference, the happier I am!
To sum this all up, my goal here is to provide you with all the knowledge necessary to succeed in your Scouting journey, and then later, in the “Real World.” Thanks for taking a minute to get to know me! Now, lace up your boots, tighten your neckerchief, and get reading, because it’s time to take charge of your journey to Eagle. 😉
Yours in Scouting,
PS: If you haven’t already, make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter here. Each Friday, I’ll fill you in on everything you missed from ScoutSmarts in the last week. There are even monthly giveaways for gift cards to awesome Scouting vendors like ClassB! I’ll never spam you and you’re free to unsubscribe at any time, so what are you waiting for?